Welcome to the blog dedicated to exposing my weird sense of humor for your enjoyment with a hint of environmental friendliness. When I'm not writing about crazy happenings in my day to day life, I'm making people aware of the environment and how they can do their part to keep it clean. I'm not the Go Green Nazi & I'm not saying you have to be Davie Crockett w/ your coonskin cap or force your family to live like the Swiss Family Robensons- just a simple plant on your desk at work or sitting out on your back patio is fine. If I can get just one person to even think & be more aware of the environment around them, I know I've played my part in helping out, no matter how small it may seem.

Friday, August 17, 2007

Life Lessons

Here are some things that I've learned along the path of life so far.
  • AAA will only come unlock your car 4 times in a calendar year
  • Microwaving metal will result in a great fireworks show but will most likely result in a broken microwave
  • Addition to last lesson: Make sure your coffe cup is NOT metal before you heat up the contents
  • Duct Tape melts in high temperatures
  • Pouring a lot of laudrey detergent directly on your clothes can result in a weird tie-dye design after washing & drying (the detergent doesn't come out fully)
  • Sharpie markers are PERMANENT
  • Wear nice underwear at all times - you never know what is going to happen
  • Shuffling across the livingroom floor while holding a penny then touching the TV will give you a HUGE shock
  • Do not agree to go on one of dad's "walks" at the cabin b/c after 5 hrs of leaving the cabin you will realize you should have brought food & water b/c there's no sight of heading back anytime soon.
  • Ladybugs in mass quantities are not nice
  • Drinking liquids before taking a run is not smart
  • I will always lose when battling my cat
  • Drinking Alcohol on an empty stomach is never a good idea
  • Never listen to your dad when he points to a giant hill w/ trees and tells you that it would be great to sled down
  • Never go fishing ALONE.....trebble hooks in the face are not fun to remove!
  • Never try to make a 20 minute trip in 10
  • Never hide a smoker's cigarettes or be prepaired to see a side of them you've never seen
  • When any electronic device is not 'working' check to see if it's plugged in.
  • Don't take Niquil on a weeknight
  • Putting baby oil on your mom's windshield wippers for an April Fool's Day joke turns out to be not so funny after all

And lastly.....Never tell a spanish lady to turn her phone off while waiting in line at the post office. This is something I learned first hand yesterday & trust me, I've learned my lesson!

No comments: